PARADE ENTRY ESSENTIAL INFORMATION – PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
Rules for Participation – These rules are for the safety of everyone. Not following these rules could jeopardize your participation in the parade and future parades, with the decision of the Chatham Independence Day Parade Committee being final.
- No float apparatus or act can exceed 14 feet height from street level and width must not exceed 8 feet.
- All floats and displays must be free from images reflecting cruelty, denigration or abuse to persons or groups, because of race, creed, gender or economic status.
- Emergency vehicles must be given right of way at all times.
- Entrants must abide by all laws of the land.
- Participants must remain grouped within parade boundaries or as directed by Police or Parade Monitors. If the parade stops, participant groups must remain together. Unauthorized stops along the parade route are not permitted. It is essential to keep pace throughout the parade for the best experience for the spectators and the other entrants.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages is prohibited while in line before start of parade and during parade.