|Chatham Police Department|
|Chatham Veterans’ Auxiliary|
|USCG Station Chatham|
|USCG Auxiliary Flotilla|
|Chatham Fire Department|
|Chatham Town Flag|
|1||Return of the Bridge Street Buccaneers|
|2||Chatham Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts|
|3||Chatham Bars Inn|
|4||Cape Cod Beach Chair Company|
|5||Highland Light Scottish Pipe Band|
|6||Stage Harbor Yacht Club|
|8||Oyster River Boatyard|
|9||The Celtic Roots|
|10||Paws and Claws|
|11||Monomoy Yacht Club|
|12||Pleasant Bay Community Boating|
|18||Chatham Design Center|
|19||Barkers of Orleans|
|20||Outermost Harbor Marine|
|22||The Chatham Fiddle Company|
|23||United States Power Squadrons – Cape Cod|
|25||Chatham Town Democratic Committee|
|27||Chatham Yacht Club|
|28||Chris Ruediger Duo|
|30||Old Colony Highlanders Pipe Band|
|35||Benjamin T. Nickerson Inc.|
|38||Centercourt Club & Sports|
|39||Boston College Club of Cape Cod|
|40||Cape Shark Co|
|41||DY Marching Band|
|42||Harwich Youth Services/Harwich COA|
|43||Chatham Hood Bikes|
|44||Heroes In Transition & oldCape Sotheby’s International Realty|
|45||Beach Bum Surf Co.|
|46||Women of Fishing Families|
|47||Devil’s Purse Brewing Company|
|48||Greatest Blaze & Co.|
|49||All Worn Out Jug Band|
|52||John C. Domos|
|53||Phillips Farm Family|
|55||Codcomm Media Group/CapeCodRadio.com|
|56||The FitzGerald Family|
|57||Chatham Drama Guild|
|59||Chatham Community Playground|
|60||Thomas E. Geagan|
|63||Chandler Travis Philharmonic Trombone Shout Band|
|64||Chatham Orpheum Theater|
|65||Sacred Surf School|
|66||The Clifford Family|
|68||Quigley Family Reunion|
|69||New England Vacation Rentals|
|70||Ms. Eelgrass 2014 ” Oceanus”|
|71||Canon Hill Band|
|72||Cape Cod Model A Club- Lemay|
|73||Cape Cod Model A Club – Moeder|
|74||Cape Cod Model A cLub- Whittaker|
|76||Chatham Athletic Association, Inc.|
|77||Steve Morgan and the Kingfish|
|79||All Points Beautiful|
|81||MASJAH Center OHM Studios|
|82||Lower Cape Outreach Council|
|83||Life In Harmony|
|84||Lear/ Shepard family float|
|85||Late July Snacks|
|86||Cape & Islands License Plate|
|87||The Cape Cod Fiddlers|
|88||The Fisher Family|
|89||In The Pink|
|91||Bog Lane Farm|
|92||Ports and Company|
|93||Robert J Griffin|
|94||Ken Owens Memorial Soccer Jamboree|
|95||Friends of Monomoy|
|96||Tessa’s Treasure’s Mermaids|
|98||Chris Fitz Band|
|100||Santa’s back in town|
|101||First Night Chatham|
Parade Theme: “Chatham for the Holidays!” – Chatham is a great place to celebrate all holidays throughout the year.
PARADE ENTRY SUBMISSIONS FOR 2017 ARE NOW CLOSED! Thank you for your interest and we hope to see you in the parade next year!
Rules for Participation – These rules are for the safety of everyone. Not following these rules could jeopardize your participation in the parade and future parades, with the decision of the Chatham Independence Day Parade Committee being final.
- No float apparatus or act can exceed 14 feet height from street level and width must not exceed 8 feet.
- All floats and displays must be free from images reflecting cruelty, denigration or abuse to persons or groups, because of race, creed, gender or economic status.
- Emergency vehicles must be given right of way at all times.
- Entrants must abide by all laws of the land.
- Participants must remain grouped within parade boundaries or as directed by Police or Parade Monitors. If the parade stops, participant groups must remain together. Unauthorized stops along the parade route are not permitted. It is essential to keep pace throughout the parade for the best experience for the spectators and the other entrants.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages is prohibited while in line before start of parade and during parade.
Throwing anything to the crowd from floats, trucks and cars, including candy is strictly prohibited. This creates a potential dangerous situation with implication of safety and injury.
Logistics – Entrants’ position number in the parade will be assigned by June 26th , and will be listed on the Independence Day Parade Committee website and appear in the June 29th issue of the Chronicle.
On June 29, June 30, and July 1 entrants may pre-register and pick up their position number flags at the Chatham Police Department at 249 George Ryder Road.
Pre Check In JUNE 29 – 8:00am – 1:00pm
Pre Check In JUNE 30 – 2:00pm – 7:00pm
Pre Check In JULY 1 – 9:00am – 11:00am
On parade day, entrants must check in and receive their position number from a Parade Monitor stationed on Shore Road near the Chatham Town Fish Pier on July 4th. All entrants must be registered and checked in at the staging area on Shore Road no later than their designated time —
- Entry #1 through #33 check in between 7:00am – 7:30am
- Entry #34 through #65 check in between 7:30am – 8:00am
- Entries #66 and up check in between 8:00am – 8:30am
- All registration must be completed by 8:30am
Entrants will then proceed to their numbered stake on Shore Road.Position number must be displayed on the left side of the entry.
For those wishing to park at the Monomoy Regional Middle School shuttle bus will take you to Shore Road. This shuttle will run starting at 7AM.
The parade begins at 9:30am at the intersection of Shore Road and Main Street, and finishes at the intersection of Crowell Road and Tip Cart Road. Please adhere to police instructions for exiting the parade area.
A shuttle will run from the end of the parade back to the Monomoy Regional Middle School.
- To qualify for awards, the entry must be consistent with the theme.
- All awards are determined solely at the discretion of the Judges.
- Entries are viewed by Judges along the parade route. The Judges’ reviewing stand is located on the lawn of the First United Methodist Church at the intersection of Main Street and Cross Street. Please do not stop here and delay the parade.
- Your entry may win more than one award.
- The entrant position numbers which you will receive at registration on parade day, are to be placed on left hand side of the entry (so that they will face the judges stand).
- Overall Best – 1st Place which will be recognized by an engraved
brass plaque on the Chatham Parade Trophy displayed at Town Hall.
- 2nd Place
- 3rd Place
- Most Patriotic
- Best Small Float (under 20 feet)
- Best Large Float (over 20 feet)
- Best Family Float
- Best Civic Organization/Non-Profit
- Best Youth (participants under 18 years old)
The Overall Best – First Place Winner – will be recognized by an engraved brass plaque on the Chatham Parade Trophy displayed at Town Hall.
All of the category award winners will receive a custom-designed engraved plaque which will be presented at an awards ceremony during the next Board of Selectmen meeting scheduled after July 4th.
|Award Categories||2016 Winner||Float #|
|OVERALL BEST in Parade||Bridge Street Buccaneers||#73|
|OVERALL 2nd Place||Chatham Health & Swim Club||#61|
|OVERALL 3rd Place||Woman of Fishing Families||#89|
|Best Youth Float||Ken Owens Memorial Soccer Jamboree||#29|
|Most Patriotic Float||.Phillips Family Farm||#1|
|Best Small Float||Cobb Family||#85|
|Best Large Float||Chatham Pottery||#101|
|Best Civic Float||Chatham Turkey Trot||#64|
|Funniest Float||Martha and Philip Hoffman||#80|
Ready to submit an entry for a float in the 2016 Chatham Independence Day Parade? Then visit out entry submissions page at http://chathamparade.com/chatham-july-4th-parade-entry-submission/. It only takes a minute to get yourselves registered.
Congratulations to this year’s winners !
Award Categories 2015 Winner
OVERALL WINNER PHILLIPS FARM
Best Family Float Magner Family
Best Youth Float Power Squadron
Most Patriotic Float Cape Cod Beach Chair
Best Small Float Depot Dogs
Best Large Float Chatham Health Club
Best Civic Float Woman of Fishing Families
Funniest Float Pogo Dave
Photos of the winners can be found here
The line up for the July 4th Parade has been finalized and can be found here (http://chathamparade.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Chatham-Parade-Entry-List-2015.pdf)
Those parade entrants who wish to collect their entry numbers and affix them to their float before July 4th can stop by the Chatham Police Station from July 1st and July 2nd from 9AM to 5PM, and July 3rd from 9AM to 3PM.