“Chatham Celebrates Women!
In Honor of the 100th Anniversary of Women’s Right to Vote“
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR ENTRANTS – PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
The Chatham Police Department has issued rules to ensure the safety of all parade entrants and spectators. Not following these rules could jeopardize your participation this year and in future parades.
• No float apparatus or act can exceed 14 feet in height from street level nor exceed 8 feet in width.
• All entries and displays must be free from images reflecting cruelty, denigration or abuse of persons or groups because of race, creed, gender or economic status.
• Emergency vehicles must be given the right of way at all times.
• Entrants must abide by all laws of the land.
• Participants must remain grouped within parade boundaries or as directed by Police or Parade Staff. If the parade stops, participant groups must remain together. Unauthorized stops along the parade route are not permitted. It is essential to keep pace throughout the parade to provide the best experience for the spectators and other entrants.
• Drinking alcoholic beverages is prohibited while in line before the start and during the parade.
• Throwing anything to the crowd, including candy, is strictly prohibited. It creates a potentially dangerous situation with implications for safety or injury, especially for children. Handouts are permitted but not abiding by this rule is grounds to be refused entry in future parades.
• Entrants’ position number in the parade will be listed on the Independence Day Parade Committee website: ChathamParade.com in June and appear in an upcoming issue of the Cape Cod Chronicle. (Entry registration dates do not factor into planning the parade order.)
• All entrants must be checked in and in parade position at their corresponding numbered staging area on Shore Road no later than the times designated below:
• Entry #1 through #33 – check in between 7:00am – 7:30am
• Entry #34 through #65 – check in between 7:30am – 8:00am
• Entries #66 and up – check in between 8:00am – 8:30am
• All entrants must be in parade position by 8:30am.
• Position number must be displayed on the LEFT side of the Entry.
• Prior to parade day, entrants are encouraged to check in and pick up their position number flags at the Chatham Police Department at 249 George Ryder Road on the following days/times:
• Saturday, JUNE 27 – 9:00am – 1:00pm
• Wednesday, JULY 1 – 2:00pm – 7:00pm
• Thursday, JULY 2 – 9:00am – 11:00am
• Entrants who are not able to check in during the above times must check in on the morning of July 4th prior to positioning on Shore Road with a Parade Staff stationed at the Chatham Town Fish Pier.
• The parade begins at 9:30am at the intersection of Shore Road and Main Street, and finishes at the intersection of Crowell Road and Tip Cart Road. Please adhere to police instructions for exiting the parade area.
• For entrants wishing to park at Monomoy Regional Middle School on Crowell Road, a shuttle bus will take you to Shore Road. The shuttle will run starting at 6:30am. It will then be waiting at the end of the parade route to drive participants back to Monomoy Regional Middle School.
• To qualify for an award, the Entry must be consistent with the parade theme.
• All awards are determined solely at the discretion of the Judges.
• Entries are viewed by Judges at the reviewing stand located on the lawn of the First United Methodist Church at the intersection of Main Street and Cross Street. Please do not stop here and delay the parade.
• Your Entry may win more than one award.
Parade Award Categories
o 1st Place Entry – Overall Best Entry will be recognized on an engraved brass plaque on the Chatham Parade Trophy displayed at Town Hall.
o 2nd Place Entry
o 3rd Place Entry
o Best Large Float (over 20 feet)
o Best Small Float (under 20 feet)
o Best Youth Entry (participants under 18 years old)
o Most Patriotic Entry
o Funniest Entry
o Best Family Entry
o Best Civic Entry
0 Most Environmentally Conscious Entry
• All of the category award winners will receive a custom-designed engraved plaque which will be presented at an awards ceremony during a Board of Selectmen meeting later in July.
Click Here to Register your Entry for the Parade!