PARADE ENTRY SUBMISSIONS DUE JUNE 1st! Thank you for your interest and we hope to see you in the parade! You can submit your registration here: Parade Entrant Registration Form
Logistics – Entrants’ position number in the parade will be assigned by June 24th , and will be listed on the Independence Day Parade Committee website and appear in the June 27th issue of the Chronicle.
On June 28, June 29, and June 30 entrants may pre-register and pick up their position number flags at the Chatham Police Department at 249 George Ryder Road.
Pre Check In JUNE 28 – 8:00am – 1:00pm
Pre Check In JUNE 29 – 2:00pm – 7:00pm
Pre Check In JUNE 30 – 9:00am – 11:00am
On parade day, entrants must check in and receive their position number from a Parade Monitor stationed on Shore Road near the Chatham Town Fish Pier on July 4th. All entrants must be registered and checked in at the staging area on Shore Road no later than their designated time —
- Entry #1 through #33 check in between 7:00am – 7:30am
- Entry #34 through #65 check in between 7:30am – 8:00am
- Entries #66 and up check in between 8:00am – 8:30am
- All registration must be completed by 8:30am
Entrants will then proceed to their numbered stake on Shore Road.Position number must be displayed on the left side of the entry.
For those wishing to park at the Monomoy Regional Middle School shuttle bus will take you to Shore Road. This shuttle will run starting at 7AM.
The parade begins at 9:30am at the intersection of Shore Road and Main Street, and finishes at the intersection of Crowell Road and Tip Cart Road. Please adhere to police instructions for exiting the parade area.
A shuttle will run from the end of the parade back to the Monomoy Regional Middle School.
- To qualify for awards, the entry must be consistent with the theme.
- All awards are determined solely at the discretion of the Judges.
- Entries are viewed by Judges along the parade route. The Judges’ reviewing stand is located on the lawn of the First United Methodist Church at the intersection of Main Street and Cross Street. Please do not stop here and delay the parade.
- Your entry may win more than one award.
- The entrant position numbers which you will receive at registration on parade day, are to be placed on left hand side of the entry (so that they will face the judges stand).
- Overall Best – 1st Place which will be recognized by an engraved
brass plaque on the Chatham Parade Trophy displayed at Town Hall.
- 2nd Place
- 3rd Place
- Most Patriotic
- Best Small Float (under 20 feet)
- Best Large Float (over 20 feet)
- Best Family Float
- Best Civic Organization/Non-Profit
- Best Youth (participants under 18 years old)
The Overall Best – First Place Winner – will be recognized by an engraved brass plaque on the Chatham Parade Trophy displayed at Town Hall.
All of the category award winners will receive a custom-designed engraved plaque which will be presented at an awards ceremony during the next Board of Selectmen meeting scheduled after July 4th.